I woke up motivated. Shitty sleep, but felt like I understood the challenges and potential impact of the mission I was about to embark on. Delusions of grandeur? Perhaps.
I called Bo and Yolanda to meet me at the shop so we could tinker.
I sent Ryan More of ScreenPrinting.com / Ryonet / All Made Apparel to get a couple pieces of advice. Like always, he was on top of shit and helped me out. Good dude indeed. Thanks Ryan.
He sent me a DST file, which is a native file for embroidery machines. I was unsure how to actually make a mask and needed to figure out where to start. I called Ann in Emeryville and she was gonna do a cut&sew version at her shop.
My goal was to figure out how to use our supply of 100% Cotton T-Shirts and convert them into functional useful masks I can share with people who needed them.
Lots of moving parts.
That's just touching the surface.
Meanwhile, I wanna figure out how to make masks from tall the t-shirts we have in my warehouse using equipment we have.
I took a deep breath and we got busy.